- First Open File Explorer.
- Go to the folder C:\Users and look for the user name which you want to delete. The appropriate folder contains everything related to the user profile, so you just need to delete this folder.
- Now, open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following Registry key.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileListSee.
- On the left, go through the subkeys. For each subkey, look for the value data of the ProfileImagePath string value. Once you find the one which points to the deleted user profile, remove it. See the following screenshot:
That’s it! You just deleted the user profile for the account. It will be re-created using defaults the next time the user signs in.