Now days EVERYBODY wants Office 365 to complete their work or just to read their Emails. Office 365 we believe is the gold standard for all software related to Office work. The only problem is, some people have a little bit of trouble obtaining the software, and are also not too sure how to set it up.
In this guide, the IT Superman talks you through the setup.
Before You Begin
Log in to your Microsoft account or sign up for a free Microsoft account if you don’t have one. Logging in allows you to sign in to the Microsoft 365 Online apps, access your OneDrive cloud storage, and access your free Outlook.com email address.
Purchase a Microsoft 365 for Home Subscription
Purchasing a subscription to Microsoft 365 involves choosing the version of Office you want and providing your payment information.
- Open a web browser and go to Office.com.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After you sign in, the Office portal opens where you’ll access the Office Online apps and manage your Office subscription.
- Select Buy Office.
- Select Buy now for the Office subscription you want if you want to pay an annual subscription fee. Or, select Or buy for $9.99 per month if you prefer to pay a monthly subscription fee. If you want to try before you buy Microsoft 365, select Try for free and sign up for a 30-day trial of Microsoft 365.
- Select Checkout.
- Select a payment type. Choose either a credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank account.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select Save.
- Select Place order.
- Your order should be processed and you’ll receive an email receipt for the transaction.
Install Microsoft 365 for Home On Your PC
After you purchase a Microsoft 365 subscription, install Office on your PC.
- Log into the computer where you want to install Office.
- Go to the Microsoft 365 portal page and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Install Office.
- On the Microsoft 365 Home web page, select Install Office.
- On the Download and install Microsoft 365 Home screen, select Install.
- Depending on the web browser you use, a prompt to Run or Save the downloaded file might appear. Select Run.
- Office gets things ready and then installs the Office apps.
- When the installation finishes, Office might prompt you to enter an email or phone number to receive a download link for the Office mobile apps.
Activate Microsoft 365 for Home
After Office installs, activate your subscription.
To activate Office:
- Open one of the Office apps, for example, Word or Excel.
- Enter your Microsoft email address and password.
- On the Accept the license agreement screen, select Accept.
- The Office app opens, and you’re ready to create Office documents and spreadsheets.
Install Microsoft 365 on Another Device
You can install your Office subscription on as many devices as you want. The only catch is you can only sign in to Office on five devices at a time.
To install Office on another PC, use the computer where you want to install Office and sign in to your Microsoft account. On the Office portal page, choose Install Office.
To install Office on a mobile device, use the smartphone or tablet where you want to install Office. Then, go to either Google Play, the Apple Store, or Windows Store and download the apps.
Share Your Microsoft 365 Home Subscription with Others
If other members of your family use Microsoft 365, they don’t have to buy a subscription. You can share a Microsoft 365 Family subscription with five other members of your family!
When you share a Microsoft 365 subscription, each person has access to:
- Apps: The latest version of the Office apps for PC, Mac, tablets, and smartphones.
- Cloud storage: 1 TB of storage on OneDrive.
- Skype calls: Call mobile phones and landlines, limited to 60 minutes per month.
- Outlook email: 50 GB of email storage. This is an Outlook.com Email and not your personal domain. If you are after a personal domain then you will ned to use the business version of Office 365.
To share a Microsoft 365 Home subscription:
- Sign in with the Microsoft account that you used to set up Microsoft 365.
- On the Office portal page, select Install Office.
- Select the Sharing tab.
- Select Start sharing.
- On the Share Office window, choose to either:
- Invite via email: Sends a link in an email message.
- Invite via link: Creates a link that you can copy and give to the person in an email, a text message, or another way.
- When your family member receives the link, they use the link to install Office on their PC.